About LWML Rocky Mt. District
The LWML Rocky Mt. District is comprised of several states in the southwest. We have Colorado and New Mexico, as well as Vernal, Utah; Page, Arizona; and El Paso, Texas. With such a variety of places, our district is a fascinating place to live and visit. The greatest quality of people in the Rocky Mt. District is that they love the Lord Jesus Christ with all their hearts and let that love shine.
The focus for the LWML Rocky Mt. District: “The Rocky Mt. District Lutheran Women in Mission will, by God’s grace, enable each woman to share the Gospel with all people.”
We provide inspiration and education so that each woman may grow in her relationship with the Triune God; and we provide opportunities for missions and service so that each woman may be equipped to bring Christ to others.
Note: The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League is the official women’s auxiliary of the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod (LCMS).
Lutheran Women’s Missionary League
- It has at its “mission heart” thousands of volunteers who are daily dedicating their lives to making a difference in this world.
- It is also Lutheran Women in Mission, the dba name adopted by the Board of Directors in January 1998.
- It is women who are finding avenues to use their God-given talents as they meet the challenges to share the Gospel message.
- It is composed of individual women and women’s groups within congregations of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod, on campuses, in resident homes, or in other settings.
- Individual membership is available to women in LCMS congregations with or without a society affiliated with the LWML. Women may have an interest in the mission and ministry of the LWML – and wish to be a part of the organization, but cannot for a variety of reasons belong to a local group.
- The LWML seeks to develop and maintain a greater mission consciousness among women of the LCMS through education, inspiration, and service.
- A major emphasis is the support of mission and ministry throughout the world by means of mite box offerings. These mite box offerings have funded tens of millions of dollars in mission grants since the organization’s inception in 1942.
- More information about the LWML can be found at lwml.org.
The League Pledge
In fervent gratitude for the Savior’s dying love and His blood-bought gift of redemption we dedicate ourselves to Him with all that we are and have; and in obedience to His call for workers in the harvest fields, we pledge Him our willing service wherever and whenever He has need of us. We consecrate to our Savior our hands to work for Him, our feet to go on His errands, our voice to sing His praises, our lips to proclaim His redeeming love, our silver and our gold to extend His Kingdom, our will to do His will, and every power of our life to the great task of bringing the lost and the erring into eternal fellowship with Him. Amen.