The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League Rocky Mountain District has established scholarships for those going into full time professional church work for the LCMS. We want to encourage students to pursue full time church work. We need qualified professionals in our churches and schools. We spread that Good News by supporting those who do enter full time church service. Gifts to the scholarship Endowment Fund are gratefully accepted in any amount.
The LWML RMD Scholarship Endowment Fund has been established to generate funds to support those pursuing full time church work. This money goes into an account that will be drawn upon to pay for the scholarships given.
Anyone can make a contribution to the Endowment Fund. Gifts may be made “in memory” of someone, “in honor” of someone, or “to the Glory of God.” Any occasion can be remembered by a special gift. Be sure to include a note to the District Treasurer explaining whom you are honoring.
Make checks payable to: LWML RMD Scholarship Endowment Fund and remit to the LWML RMD Treasurer.
- Applicant must be a member of a Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod congregation in our LWML District.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a synodically-affiliated college, seminary, or university.
- He/she must plan to be in full time professional service for the church upon completion of studies.
- Applicant must be in good academic and disciplinary standing when making application and continue to do so during the duration of scholarship term.
- Scholarships will be given on the basis of character, need, academic grades, and participation in activities.
- The amount is set at $500 per year for each student.
- Scholarship amount will be divided between two semesters. It will be sent to the student to be used for scholastic needs.
- The scholarship application, letter of recommendation, and transcript should be mailed or emailed to the scholarship chairman, Jeanne Ostermann.
- All application materials must be postmarked or received by email by May 1 for consideration for the scholarship year beginning in the fall.
- Those receiving scholarship grants must also re-apply in order to receive consideration for aid for the next academic year.
- If a recipient decides not to go into full time church work, the scholarship committee requests that the funds received be repaid to the LWML RMD.
LWML Rocky Mountain District Scholarship Chairman